At Parkview Adventist Academy, our mission is to encourage students:
- To achieve academic excellence
- To accept personal responsibility for their mind, body, and spirit
- And to experience spiritual growth as they learn to serve their community.
Our teachers pursue ongoing professional development as they seek to improve their classroom skills and experiences, and our student body benefits from their efforts.
Our administrative team works to provide diverse learning opportunities both in and outside of school hours to support learning in all areas.
Parkview Adventist Academy is committed to creating a Christian environment in which all can find academic success. We are distinctly academic and decidedly Christian, but this is not just a slogan. Here are some of the things our students say PAA does best:
- Academic Assistance: PAA provides free tutoring through campus Student Services. Teachers also have scheduled “Homework Help” blocks with regular office hours at the end of each day and the PAA teachers work together with Deans on the MASH program to Make Academic Success Happen.
- Student-Teacher Ratio (10-1): The smaller campus environment allows PAA students to access a staff member for any kind of support needed. There are 10 students for every one staff, and every enrolled student and alumni is known by name.
- Spiritual Growth: PAA’s programming makes Bible study and spiritual growth a part of everyday life. Students are not afraid to ask hard questions about faith and teachers are committed to the process of discovery.
- Sportsmanship and Teamwork: PAA’s athletics program is growing and improving, granting skilled students the opportunity to participate in leagues without Sabbath conflicts, and play more than four annual Christian tournaments. Each year, our awards night recognizes MVP and Christian Athletes of the Year, and our coaches bring a spiritual element to the physical challenge of Volleyball, Flag-Football, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, and Hockey.
- Extracurricular Activities: Student Ministry teams, clubs, and campus activities provide students with a busy, well-rounded schedule of events. There is no other Academy equipped to offer the kind of options for programming found at PAA.
- Campus Facilities: Located on the Canadian University College campus in Lacombe, AB, PAA’s students and staff have full access to auditoriums, classrooms, and amenities at the gymnasium like no other high school does.
- Friendships: PAA’s student culture is a safe place with room for everyone. There are activities to facilitate friendships between students, with a zero-tolerance for bullying behaviours. The classes, campus activities, and student-led programming all work to reinforce relationships that outlast a student’s time here at PAA.